Monday, May 3, 2010

fear and loathing


fear and loathing 
season two, episode 16
Overall Demily Level: ¤¤¤¤
Prentiss [Spills coffee on herself]: Oww!                 
Morgan [Walking into the break room, chuckling at Prentiss]: Morning Emily! Have a good weekend?
Prentiss: Yeah. No. [confused] Yes.
Morgan [Chuckles again]: Ooh, I’ve been there.
Prentiss: No it wasn’t—[sigh]. I don’t want to get into it.
Morgan [Smiling at her]: No problem.
Prentiss: It just feels weird, to me, to talk about my personal life here. You know, I don’t really know you guys that well yet.
Morgan [Shrugs and starts to walk away]: I totally get that.
Prentiss [Debates about whether she should tell him. Finally does, and kind blurts it out so he’ll hear her.] I think I totally screwed up this date.
Morgan [Turns around, eyebrow raised, and chuckles again.]
Prentiss [Smiles back and giggles nervously.]
Morgan: Okay. What happened?
Prentiss: You have to understand, I’m a nerd [Morgan laughs again.] like seriously! And I can fool people for days, weeks even, but sooner or later I blow my cover and I say something so geeky and then he doesn’t respond and I lose all confidence.
Morgan: What did you say?
Prentiss: Kilgore Trout.
Morgan: Guy has a problem with Kurt Vonnegut?
Prentiss: You know Kilgore Trout?!
Morgan: I read Slaughterhouse 5 when I was 12 and I blew my mind. Seriously! I couldn’t get enough so I just kept going and I read them all.
Prentiss: Yeah, yeah, me too! What’s your favorite?
Morgan: Mother Night!
Prentiss: The one about the American spy.
Morgan [nods, smiling]: Pretending to be a Nazi.
Prentiss: You are who you pretend to be.
Morgan: So be careful who you pretend to be.
Prentiss: Oh my god. I can’t believe you’re a Vonnegut fan. You just made my day!
Morgan: Anytime. [They clink mugs.]
This seems to be the beginning of their friendship! Morgan and Prentiss sit next to each other at the round table. They also sit next to each other on the plane. The two of them also split away from the team to question a suspect. They work so well together :D At the end of the episode, the team goes to a funeral and Morgan is seen off to the side. Prentiss ends up joining him and they talk about his father’s death. Back on the plane, Morgan and Prentiss have an interesting conversation…
Prentiss [Drops book on table]: Oops.
Morgan [Chuckles]: Oh, wait a minute. No you didn’t. Where did you find this?!
Prentiss: In the airport, can you believe it? Haven’t read this in fif-like twelve years.
Morgan [Laughs again]: Okay that’s funny. Chapter three’s where it starts to get good.
Prentiss: Okay, I will let you know when I get there.
Morgan: Alright, you do that. [Smiles and watches her walk away. Shakes his head and laughs to himself.]
I hope you watched the deleted scene from this episode on YouTube, because it shows that the episode was probably supposed to be Prentiss/Morgan centric, but since they aired out of ordered, this episode became Reid centric. Here’s the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMByfAgaYuw&playnext_from=TL&videos=PZDsu8MBhIo

No comments: